Bethlehem Lutheran AKA German Evangelical Lutheran
Location: Muskego Town W124 S9995 North Cape Road Durham Hill Hwy 45 south Hwy 36
The cemetery was established in 1904. The congregation of Bethlehem Evangelical Church, Lutheran Church of America split off from St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Muskego in 1904. Is is also referred to as the German Evangelical Church.
Big Bend Rural Home Cemetery
Location: Just southwest of the village of Big Bend
Section 23 and a small piece in Section 26
Rural Home is an active cemetery. The cemetery was established around 1840. Many Muskego families are buried there.
Jones - Muckey School
Location: Cty. L opposite Muckey School
This inactive cemetery was established circa 1852, with the last burials in the 1860s. There were approximately 20 burials. This was a private cemetery on the property of Judas Jones. It was sometimes called the Muckey School Cemetery because it was opposite the school building. Jones sold the land to Tom King, who later plowed the cemetery under, and now a number of houses have been built on the land.
One known grave was of Harriet Muckey Pynn 1/27/1837-6/27/1892. Her remains were disinterred to St. John's Chrysostom Cemetery in Delafield, Wisconsin.
Muskego Center a.k.a. Muskego Village
Location: Cty L at Cty Y
Section 9 Muskego
In 1955 the burials were relocated to Prairie Home Cemetery, Waukesha, WI. Reburial records at Prairie Home Cemetery.
Several bodies were also relocated to Highland Memorial Park on Greenfield Avenue. The tombstones were not moved with the bodies. They are in unmarked graves. The cemetery has names of the deceased on file.
Norway Lutheran Church Cemetery
Location: Hwy 36 in Racine County
Muskego long ago included the Town of Norway and it was a settlement for Norwegian immigrants. Many Muskego families are buried here.
St. Paul's Lutheran
Location: Tess Corners S. of CTH LL(Janesville Road) East of Tess Corners Drive
The cemetery was established in 1857. The church is part of the Wisconsin Ev. Lutheran Synod. The earliest members of the church were primarily German immigrants. The first funeral from the church was on January 19, 1861 for Emilee Bertha Pellmann, aged 12. Additional info on St. Paul's Lutheran.
Sunnyside Cemetery, New Berlin, WI
Location: Racine Ave. (CTH Y) at National Ave. (CTH ES)
Section 32, New Berlin Township
Many early Muskego residents are buried here. This active cemetery is located on Racine Avenue (Highway Y) where the Racine Avenue ramp goes onto the old Highway 15. Sunnyside Cemetery was established circa 1841, the date of the earliest known burial.
web site design by the folks at Tigeronomy Software